Monday 17 October 2011

CAS - how easy can that be????

Happy Monday to everyone hope you all enjoyed the weekend.  I decided to do a clean and simple card today for a few reasons really.  1) I'm trying to do 2 cards a day so I will have some to post next week when my son and grandson are here 2) I was running out of time as I have loads to do and I found an image I had stamped several years ago and 3) I saw it in a challenge on Feline Playful.  So I thought yes I can do that easy peasy, which I must admit is fairly easy and quick as the image was already stamped and layered but what was the difficult bit and I must stress very diffiicult is to resist the temptation to add things to it!! The ribbon box came out and I thought ooooh that would look perfect but no not really CAS then is it?  I did the same with some snowflakes, by this time I was suffering embellishment withdrawal symptoms - you know shaking, glazed eyes and slightly sobbing - so I relented and put 3 miniscule gems in the corner which made me feel better and I hope it is still CAS.


The image is an Aspects of Design which I have had many years and I have embossed it on red velvety card in white EP and layered it on silver holographic and green card.  I have embossed the snow flake design and layered that on silver holographic paper and added 3 little lonesome gems.

I will enter the following challenges:

Sweet Stamps - Clean and Simple
ABC Christmas Challenge - Unused Stash (Stamped Image)
The Paper Shelter - Must Use Animals
Creative Inspirations Paint - Clean and Simple
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge - Anything Goes
Bling it On - No Patterned Papers
Thanks for looking, take carexx

10 comments:

Carol said...

This looks great Susan, love seeing CAS Christmas cards. Carol x

chrissy xx said...

Soooo pretty! LOve to look at Clean and Simple lol......But have never been able to do one!! Would bring me out in a sweat!!!
Chrissyxx

Unknown said...

Stunning card luv red/white together and the reindeers are fab.
Chris x

BarbaraW said...

Beautiful CAS Christmas card. Thanks for sharing your art in the Creative Inspirations Paints challenge.

coops said...

stunning card susan.fab embossing and image and i love the cas design :D

xx coops xx

Sue B said...

Hi Susan, oh you made me laugh about the bellie withdrawal symptoms !!! I am the same sometimes and am trying to resist putting something in every corner!! ;-)
It looks the perfect CAS card to me! Perfect image, touch of embossing and the little gems are all spot on! You sure nailed it!
Have a great week!
Hugs Sue xx

MarcyK924 said...

OMG - ROTFL!! I can't do a CAS to save my life!! This is STUNNING! You nailed it! This is so elegant! Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday! Hugs, Marcy

Delphine said...

Such a beautiful card! Wonderful image and I love the layout! Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck! Delphine xx

Helen said...

Fabulous card!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Patsi said...

Stunning card, I love the simplicity of it. Thanks for joining us at Bling It On... xx