Monday 30 September 2013

Happy Birthday To You!

Good morning hope you all had a fabulous weekend! I got my Christmas cake all done and its now sat under the stairs steeping in brandy! I can't believe today is the last day of September - who stole my year!!

Today sees the start of a brand new challenge at Lexi's Creations.  To celebrate our Fourth Birthday in October and also as October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month we want to see:

PINK

Whoo-hoo we just love our pink don't we!! Here is what I have done -


Whenever I think of pink I always think of ballerinas too!  I bought this image on the internet it came on a sheet with others and I am sorry I can't remember where, not Nicecrane where I normally buy this type of image though.  The papers are Nitwits and I have done a fair bit of distressing.  I matted the image on Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles.  The bird cage and bow have been cut out of a chocolate box (empty :-0) using a Cheery Lynn die for the bird cage and Lil' Inker for the bow tie.  Both of them have been given the Frantage treatment too using Aged Rose.  The border is Cheery Lynn Sophia's Heart and I used Centura Pearl.  The sentiment which you can't really read in this photo is from Craftwork Cards.

Our sponsor for this challenge is:


So please go over to the challenge blog for more inspiration from the DT!

I am off to my Aunt's shortly her GP surgery rang her and said the doctor is coming to see her.  She is worried to death that they want to put her in hospital and asked me to be there.  I have tried explaining that they don't go around looking for customers for hospital as they have enough already but she is convinced! She is 91 and very arthritic but apart from that in glowing health and sharp as a razor! 

Thank you so much for looking today and any comments that are always so lovely to receive!  I will be back tomorrow (twice) so see you then! Take care xx

23 comments:

Debs said...

Beautiful card Susan - love the birdcage with the fabulous Frantage.
Wish I could be so organised and have my cake made lol!!!
Have a wonderful day.
Debs xx

Desire Fourie said...

This is just so beautiful and the bird cage with the birdie flying out, is a nice creative touch.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Unknown said...

Stunning card, love the use of frantage on the bird cage, may just try that myself using re-cycled box...awesome colour and ideal for the theme.xx

Unknown said...

Forgot to mention that I hope your aunt is okay..xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Susan, what a beautiful card,lovely image and embellishments and the different shades of pink I do like, the whole card has a Dagas look about it.

I hope the doctor's visit goes well, and your Aunt can be reassured, she is a marvellous age, have a good day, hugs Kate x

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous Susan. The image looks beautiful as do the colours and design. Love the bird cage.
Hope you can put your aunts mind at rest.
Hugs Sharon. X

rachel said...

this is wonderful Susan - love the birdcage and the image is wonderful xx

Patricia said...

Great card, love everything about this wonderful creation.
Hope the visit to the Doc. went well
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Sue said...

Stunning card Susan, I love the image and such gorgeous detailing. The delicate shades of pink with the added Frantage are so pretty.
I hope your Aunt is okay.
hugs Sue xx

Basslady said...

sweetie, i love the romantic vintage-style of your card so much!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

JJ said...

Hi Suzie, sorry for not commenting earlier, have lost so much time this weekend lol!

This is a beautiful card as was your last post. Great idea with the chocolate box lol! You have done amazing Frantage work, loving the whole card.

Hope all went well with your Aunt?

Love & Hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Unknown said...

How adorable! And I also love all the other lovely creations you have made recently! So sorry I missed out on several of your posts, but these past few weeks have been extremely hectic for me (because of the Oktoberfesten). But it's such a nice 'getaway' to visit your blog and enjoy your beautiful creations! So thanks for the wonderful eye candy! Hugs, Ira xox

chrissy xx said...

This is soooo pretty Susan...FABulous colours and design...
Chrissyxx

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Susan, just beautiful and delicate.Love the birdcage and bird...beautiful.
I would not mind sitting under your stairs seeping in Brandy Susan..lol..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Susan. the image looks fab and I love the pretty papers.
Lorraine x

mags said...

Gorgeous card Susan. Love all the distressing and the use of the frantage. Feels very vintage.
Hope your Aunt got on okay.
Mags
x

scrappymo! said...

I agree with the poster that mentioned your card has a Dagas feel to it. Such a wonderful image on a wonderful card. I shall remember that chocolate box idea...it looks fabulous!

scrappymo! said...

Me again...thanks for the comments about Monaco.
We are a bit worried about all these trips...it would be so hard to have a daughter married and eventually having a family in another country!

She is very glamorous so probably feels right at home there. teehee

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful and elegant x

cotnob said...

This is fabulous Susan, I love your beautiful ballerina image and bird cage die cut.
I hope everything was OK with your Aunt.
Pauline
x

coops said...

so stunning susan.really beautiful image and design and i love your pretty colours :D

xx coops xx

Carol said...

Another beauty Susan, love the pretty paper. Carol x

Glenda Atkins said...

Love the birdcage and the delicate flowered background paper,so very pretty! Fabulous card Susan!