Monday 9 December 2013

Hostess Monday

Good Morning to you all, hope you had a nice weekend.  We had a quiet one as we have both been laid low with this virus.  I am now starting to have a mild panic about Christmas preparations.  I have done most of my Christmas present buying just a couple to get.  The decorator is coming today to decorate the lounge and the carpets are being fitted on Thursday and Friday but no date as to when the suite is coming!!!  I haven't been able to get any of my Christmas decorations out yet and I haven't planned my menus - eeeek!  Is anyone else starting to feel a slight bit of panic setting in?  I guess it well be alright on the day as they say - here's hoping!

Anyway today my card is one I made for Digital Delights Blog as it is my turn to Hostess:


Yes another shadow box card! I do love them they look really good in real life and so easy to make!  I have used Digital Delights Standing Santa and he has been coloured with Copics and Stardust Stickles.  The snowflakes paper is Nitwits.  Spellbinders Dies Labels Thirteen, EK Success Border Punch, Cheery Lynn Tags Two and Whimsy Snowflake Die.  The tree and deer are Marianne and have been covered with Frantage. Here is another view:



Thank you so much for looking today, I will be back later with my second post of the day!! Take Care xx

19 comments:

Patricia said...

Brilliant card, love the design and of course that "jolly fat Santa" beautifully coloured.
Have a great day

Patricia xxx

Unknown said...

Great shadow box my friend, lovely image and colour combo too..

Hope you and yours are feeling better now...viruses are a pain..

I never panic about Christmas as we just have Salads and BBQ, roast a few chooks or pork in the webber so no cleaning or hot kitchen here...eat drink and be merry is our motto here in Ozzy...xxxx

Chrissy said...

Fabulous design Susan and just
love the cute Santa and colouring.Saw your tutorial and just have to have a go..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Doreen said...

Just love this,great image.xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Oh Susan your card just jumped out at me this morning, it is fabulous, lovely bright colours and such a jolly Santa. Love the shadowbox design.

Sorry to hear you haven't been too well, hope you feel better soon, and then you can turbo charge your way to Christmas, hugs Kate x

Sue said...

Such a fabulous shadow box Susan. I love the design, gorgeous colours and cute Santa.
I hope you are feeling better now. I am starting to panic about Christmas too, I still haven't finished my cards!
Take care.
hugs Sue xx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card and image Susan.
Hugs x

rachel said...

sorry to hear you've been under the weather susie - hope all is well now. Love your shadow box/theatre card - fabulous - super santa. And yes - I'm starting to feel a little bit like there's too much to do!!! Lol xx

Glenda Atkins said...

Love the blue and the cute Santa image, wonderful use of die cut embellishments!
hugs
Glenda

Lorraine said...

What a fab jolly santa! A gorgeous card Susan and lovely design.
Lorraine x

chrissy xx said...

What a cutie! LOving your colours Susan...Never made a 'shadow box' have you a blog were I could look at how they are made lol.
Chrissyxx

Carol said...

Fabulous shadow box Susan, so cute. Carol x

Anonymous said...

A gorgeous card Susan, love the design, hope you are feeling better!
Helen x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous , the snowflake is awesome x

JJ said...

Stunning Suzie, LOVE it !

Love & Hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Sue B said...

Ooh this is gorgeous Susan… what a beautiful design… I love the sweet Santa against the snowy background, and the electric blue card looks stunning… SO beautiful !! :-)
yes I had a bit of a xmas meltdown today... felt totally overwhelmed just writing out all my Christmas Cards... I always say that I won't get stressed... but always end up in a panic!! Lol - Never mind... I had a cup of tea and mince pie and then things didn't look so bad ;-)
Take Care
Big hugs
Sue xx

julie_woolston said...

Love this Susan the Santa is so cute,love the design.
Hugs Julie xxx

mags said...

A wonderful shadow box card Susan.
Mags
x

coops said...

so stunning susan.really love your fab design and gorgeous jolly santa ;D

xx coops xx